Staverton Kids Club will make every effort to keep the Club open, but in exceptional circumstances, we may need to close at short notice.
Possible reasons for emergency closure include:
- Serious weather conditions
- Heating system failure
- Burst water pipes
- Fire or bomb scare/explosion
- Assault on a staff member or child
- Serious accident or illness
In the event of an emergency, our primary concern will be to ensure that both children and staff are kept safe. If it is necessary to evacuate the Club, the following steps will be taken:
- If appropriate the manager or session supervisor will contact the emergency services.
- All children will be escorted from the building to the assembly point using the nearest safe exit.
- No attempt will be made to collect personal belongings, or to re-enter the building after evacuation.
- A nominated member of staff will check the premises and will collect the register (including emergency contact details) providing that this does not put anyone at risk.
- Before leaving the building the nominated person will close all accessible doors and windows, if it is safe to do so.
- The register will be taken and all children and staff accounted for.
- If any person is missing from the register, the emergency services will be informed immediately.
- The manager will contact parents to collect their children. If the register is not available, the manager will use the emergency contacts list (which is kept off site).
- All children will be supervised until they are safely collected.
- If after every attempt, a child’s parent or carers cannot be contacted, the Club will follow its Uncollected Child procedure.
- If the Club has to close, even temporarily, or operate from alternative premises, as a result of the emergency, we will notify Ofsted.