Good Start Childcare Terms and Conditions
Good Start Childcare adheres to the following Terms and Conditions and will only undertake a childcare arrangement when the Parent has agreed a contract and the online application has been completed. All contracts will be sent via email.
The parent / carer agrees to
- Pay the fees as per the agreed contract, on the day agreed.
- Arrive and collect the Child on time.
- Provide the following items:
- Set of outdoor clothes suitable for the weather eg, coat, hat, gloves, wellington boots, sun-hat, sun cream, sunglasses
- Provide as much notice as possible for any extra hours required and accept that Good Start Childcare may decline requests if no space is available.
- Provide necessary information requested by Good Start Childcare in connection with his/her registration and notify us of any changes to that information.
- Inform Good Start Childcare if the Child has been ill outside the contracted period and to keep the Child at home for 48 hours after sickness and/or diarrhoea has cleared and respect Good Start Childcare right to decide whether to accept a sick child for care. Good Start Childcare cannot undertake the care of sick children.
- Inform Good Start Childcare of any medicine prescribed by the Child’s doctor and give written permission for Good Start Childcare to administer the medicine if such administration is required. Written permission will be required each time medicine is administered.
- Notify Good Start Childcare at the beginning of each contracted period of any accident or injury the Child may have suffered since last in the care of Good Start Childcare.
- Accept that Good Start Childcare will not use physical punishment in the discipline of children.
When is payment due?
Fees are to be paid weekly in advance. Payments must be received by the Sunday for the following week to guarantee a place. This can be by cash, credit/debit card or bank transfer. We do not accept payments by cheque. Any late fees/ ad-hoc hours or additional expenses must be paid upon collection.
Late Collections and payments
If you are going to be late collecting your child, please let us know at least 30 minutes before your contracted due time so we don’t get your child ready for home time.
If you are late to collect the child without prior agreement, I charge an hourly rate of £10.00. I have the right to not accept your child and may terminate your contract if late collection happens regularly without notice. If notice is given you will be charge the appropriate hourly rate.
Contracted days/hours are not swappable
Once bookings have been accepted, payment is required to secure your place. No refunds or credits are offered. I do not offer alternative sessions or ‘swaps’ for absences for any reason.
Please note we take 4 weeks leave over a year and always give you at least 3 weeks’ notice in writing.
Childminder holiday – No fee
Parent/Child holiday – Fees apply.
To protect all children and ourselves, we are unable to accommodate any child who has had major stomach upsets for at least 48 hours after their last bout of vomiting/diarrhoea.
To protect all children and ourselves, we are unable to accommodate any child who has had major stomach upsets for at least 48 hours after their last bout of vomiting/diarrhoea. If your child has a temperature, please keep them at home.
Notice of Termination of Agreement
Written notice is required by either party to terminate or amend the contracted agreement. An exception of this is if a child is violent towards me, my assistant, my family or other children in my care or is not able to follow the house rules.
That by using Good Start Childcare, paying my fees, I agree that I have read and understood these terms and conditions and that I have read the policies and procedures and agree to be bound by them.