Staverton Kids Club endeavours to ensure that all children are collected by a parent or carer at the end of each session. If a child is not collected, and the parent or carer has not notified us that they will be delayed, we will follow the procedure set out below:
Up to 15 minutes late
- When the parent or carer arrives they will be reminded that they must call the Club to notify us if they are delayed.
- The parent or carer will be informed that penalty fees will have to be charged (unless the delay was genuinely unavoidable).
Over 15 minutes late
- If a parent or carer is more than 15 minutes late in collecting their child, the manager will try to contact them using the contact details on file.
- If there is no response from the parent or carer, messages will be left requesting that they contact the Club immediately. The manager will then try to contact the emergency contacts listed on the child’s registration form.
- While waiting to be collected, the child will be supervised by a member of staff.
- When the parent or carer arrives they will be reminded that they must call the Club to notify us if they are delayed, and that penalty fees will have to be charged (except in exceptional circumstances).
Over 30 minutes late
- If the manager has been unable to contact the child’s parents or carers after 30 minutes, the manager will contact the local MASH team for advice.
- The child will remain in the care of the Club’s staff, on the Club’s premises if possible, until collected by the parent or carer, or until placed in the care of the MASH team.
- If it is not possible for the child to remain at the Club’s premises, a note will be left on the door of the Club informing the child’s parent or carer where the child has been taken (eg to the home of a staff member or into the care of a safeguarding agency) and leaving a contact number. A further message will be left on the parent or carer’s telephone explaining events.
Managing persistent lateness
The manager will record incidents of late collection and will discuss them with the child’s parents or carers. Parents and carers will be reminded that if they persistently collect their child late they may lose their place at the Club.